HCS 335 All Assignments and DQs /Complete Course/All Weeks
Week 1 Individual Assignment: Health Care Ethics Matching Exercise
• Complete the Health Care Ethics Matching Exercise, located on your student website.
• Match keywords commonly used in health care ethics to the definitions on the page. Discuss the exercise in class and turn in your answer sheet to your facilitator.
Week 2 Individual Assignment: Ethics Case Study
• Resource: Ethics Case Study Grading Criteria on your student website.
• Read the case study in Ch. 4 of Medical Law and Ethics that begins, “Jerry McCAll is Dr. William’s office assistant.”
• Prepare a 700- to 1050-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
o Does Jerry’s medical training qualify him to issue this refill order? Why or why not?
o Would it make a difference if the medication requested were for control of high blood pressure that the patient critically needs on a daily basis? Why or why not?
o If Jerry calls in the refill and the patient has an adverse reaction while flying, is Jerry protected from a lawsuit under the doctrine of respondent superior?
o What is your advice to Jerry?
o Identify major legal and ethical issues that may affect Jerry’s decision.
o What problem-solving methods might be helpful to assist in making an ethical decision?
• Include at least two sources in your paper.
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Week 3 Learning Team Assignment: Code of Ethics Paper
• Resource: Code of Ethics Paper Grading Criteria on your student website.
• Research and select a health care organization in which you locate the mission statement, its code of ethics, and core values.
• Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you discuss ethics in a health care organization. Include the following: