1. In cultures with a short-term orientation, the orientation is toward the past and present.
2. Less rigorous training methods such as lectures and briefings focus on communicating factual material and help expatriates and their families develop communication skills required to interact in another country.
More rigorous training methods factor in factual material and help develop communication skills, whereas less rigorous only focus on factual material.
3. The link between diversity and company performance is both direct and indirect.
4. An organizational analysis involves determining the appropriateness of training, based on all of the following parameters, EXCEPT:
a. The company’s business strategy
b. The resources available for training
c. Support by managers and peers for training activities.
d. The competition’s market standing
5. A mid-level manager questioning aspects such as who should be trained is involved with which variable of needs assessment?
a. Organizational analysis
b. Task analysis
c. Person analysis
d. Feedback analysis
6. Trainees need to understand what specifically they are expected to learn in the training program.
7. To use__________________ to gain a competitive advantage requires linking the company’s human resources practices (such as training and development) to the business strategy.
a. Virtual capital
b. Human capital...