CAN TERRORISM CLASSIFIED AS
1. On 11 September 2001 where the World Trade Center (WTC) at New York and Pentagon in Washington D.C. become history, one word come out from this tragedy and most popular for people in the world, it is “TERRORISM”
2. The terrorism is not a new thing in world politics and its happened a long time ago. In late 19 century, there’s a proof shown that there was a certain groups planned their own strategy about it. For an example, the assassin of Spain Prime Minister, Antonio Canovas in 1897, the assassin of Sadi Carnot, the President of France in 1894 by the Italian anarchists and also the assassin of America President, William McKinley in 19011.
3. Some of the terrorist using this strategy as a psychology weapon to fear and make the government obey to their wishes and command.
4. Not only the government servant or government properties becomes the target, but also civilian and buildings. This is a normal situation to the politicians who fight to establish their own country or to demolish the government.
5. Since 1960’s, world had seen the strategy by certain terrorist group such as Irish Republican Army (IRA), Hamas, Liberation Tigers of Tamil Ealam (LTTE) and Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG).
1 Terrorism – Threat, Reality, Response
6. The aim of this essay is to explain the exact meaning of terrorism whether it can be categorized as asymmetric warfare or not. This essay will also cover activity and threat that made by the terrorist especially Al-Qaeda and Abu Sayyaf Group and compare US equipment to fight the terrorist with their equipment.
WHAT IS TERRORISM?
7. From research Michael Albert and Stephen R.Shalom, terrorism is – dictionary...