The performance of the Indian steel industry has been quite satisfactory over the last decade. Aided by the cutting-edge technology, the steel industry in Asia has made advancements in all areas of operation. There has been a substantial increase in demand for Indian steel products in the global market in the recent times.
This has helped in the growth of Indian steel industry. The industry recorded the highest growth rate in the period from 2004-2005, when the growth rate of the steel sector was 4%. The increased consumption of the finished steel products in the domestic market acted as a positive catalyst in the growth process of the Indian steel industry. The favorable market condition has helped the companies operating in Indian steel industry to expand their operations and earn huge profit.
The top companies of the Indian steel sector mostly operate in four different forms like producers of pig iron, producers of stainless steel, producers of finished steel products, and producers of semi-finished steel. The companies functional in the steel industry of India are both public sector companies and private sector companies.
Some of the leading companies in Indian steel industry are as follows:
• Ahmedabad Steel Craft: Producer of windows, ventilators, steel doors and the like
• Ambica Steel: Producer of carbon steel, alloy, and stainless steel
• Apollo Tubes: Manufacturer of steel tubes and pipes
• Bengal Industries: Producer of hoses made up of stainless steel
• Bokaro Steel Plant: Steel manufacturer
• Beehive Kowtha Group: Manufacturer of castings, towers, and steel buildings
• Central Steel Corporation: Producer of alloy and tool steels
• Bharat Impex: Manufacturer of stainless steel kitchenware
• Allied Ferromelt: Producer of non alloy and alloy steel
• Anchor Engineers' Files: Producer of steel files for engineers
• Essar Steel: Producer of sponge iron, steel and iron ore pellets
• ColdFab: Producer of pre-fabricated...